Chocolate-Drizzled Vegan Pumpkin Scones
Who knew pumpkin spice and chocolate paired so well? Try this delicious take on a festive fall favorite!
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- sauce pan
- silicon spatula
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter (chilled, chopped)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp oatmilk unsweetened, extra creamy
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly grease it instead.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the chilled butter, and using a pastry cutter, combine the butter and the flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until well-combined, then knead just until it comes together and dough forms. (Be careful not to knead too much as this will develop the gluten proteins and leave you with a chewier end product.)
- On a lightly floured surface, form the dough into a large circle about 1-inch thick.
- Cut into 8 pieces with a dough cutter. Place them on your prepared baking sheet and bake for 14-16 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove scones from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes on a cooling rack. While the scones are cooling, prepare your chocolate drizzle by melting your vegan chocolate chips on low heat in a saucepan. With a silicon spatula, stir and mix the chocolate constantly to avoid it burning. Be very careful not to burn your chocolate!
- Once the scones are cooled and your chocolate is fully melted, set the scones on wax paper and drizzle the chocolate over the scones. Allow the chocolate to set and cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve and enjoy!