Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- Muffin liners
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1¼ cup sugar unrefined
- 2 eggs worth vegan egg replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 2 tsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Cream the butter and 1¼ cups sugar until light.
- Add the egg replacement and vanilla, beating well after adding.
- Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Crush ½ cup blueberries with a fork and mix into the batter. Fold in the remaining whole blueberries.
- Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with muffin liners and fill with batter so it's flush with the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp sugar over the tops of the muffins and bake at 375ºF for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool for about 30 minutes. Leftover muffins can be stored in an airtight container if you'd like them to be moist the next day, or can be left out overnight.