This is a super simple lunch when you need something quick. Is it healthy? More so than a sandwich with its animal-based counterparts: mayo, cheese, and meat, but not as healthy as a fruit smoothie. Mayo, vegan or not, is high in oil, but it’s delicious nonetheless. At least vegan mayo doesn’t contain cholesterol or come from animal exploitation. Anyway, here’s how I make this simple “five ingredient” sandwich.
Note: Most sandwich breads are going to be vegan, but it’s always good to give the ingredients list a quick glance to ensure it’s free of milk and eggs. The ciabatta buns I use here come from Walmart’s bakery.
Hickory Smoked Tofurky + Cheddar Ciabatta Sandwich
- Oven, or toaster oven
- 1 square ciabatta roll, cut in half
- 1 slice Violife Cheddar cheese
- 2.5 ounces Tofurky Hickory Smoked plant-based deli slices or to taste
- vegan mayo to taste
- arugula to taste
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Divide ciabatta roll horizontally for a sandwich. Fold Tofurky deli slices in half and lay them onto the sandwich. Add a slice of Violife cheese to the top bun.
- Toast in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melty and the deli slices look slightly crispy on the edges.
- Remove from oven, add mayo and arugula. Enjoy!