Garlic nooch toast is my go-to snack on days when I’m feeling lazy and want something quick and savory, or if I need a light breakfast. This is a regular staple in my diet because I like to ensure I’m getting enough B12, as I don’t like taking B12 supplements (though it’s a good option for anyone not consuming B12-fortified nutritional yeast regularly). Instead I make sure I’m eating B12-fortified foods like nutritional yeast which can be sprinkled on just about anything to add an earthy, cheddar-like flavor. I’ve never seen nutritional yeast that isn’t fortified with B12, but it’s always a good idea to check the nutritional label to see what vitamins and minerals you’re getting.
I usually use either Earth Balance or Simple Truth’s vegan butter, and the bread I like is Franz Organic Twenty Four Grain. Avocado also goes well on this toast if you want to kick it up a notch, but most days I just do with the following recipe:
Garlic Nooch Toast
- 1 clove garlic whole, peeled
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- spreadable vegan butter
- cracked salt to taste
- nutritional yeast to taste
- Pop bread in the toaster to desired setting. Keep in mind that you will have an easier time scrubbing garlic onto the toast if it is done to a nice dark golden brown, but not burnt.
- While the bread is toasting, peel one clove of garlic. When the toast is ready, take the clove of garlic and scrub it on the toast making sure to cover all of it.
- Butter the garlic toast, add cracked salt to taste, and top with nutritional yeast. Enjoy!